Old 05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Steve Parr

----- Original Message -----
From: Craig Cowing
Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2005 8:08 am
Subject: [IBC] susquehanna bonsai club dig

Yes indeed. We went Sunday. Species that were dug up included a
couple
of European hornbeams, a bunch of Scots pines (I took one), Anita
and I
dug up a couple of hackberries, and there were a number of other
deciduous species that I don't recall. Also some euonymus. Good day.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

Craig,

Did anyone dig one of the "Big" European hornbeams?

I was lucky enough to have the "privilege" of digging one. Must have taken an hour or so before Jim and some others started to help me get it moving out of the ground. It still took probably 45 min before we had it b&b.

It should be in leaf in a few weeks, I'll try and post some pics.

Steve Parr

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++