Old 05-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Craig Cowing

On Apr 5, 2005, at 11:35 AM, Steve Parr wrote:

snip

Craig,

Did anyone dig one of the "Big" European hornbeams?

I was lucky enough to have the "privilege" of digging one. Must have
taken an hour or so before Jim and some others started to help me get
it moving out of the ground. It still took probably 45 min before we
had it b&b.

It should be in leaf in a few weeks, I'll try and post some pics.

Steve Parr

I didn't see a big one come out this year. A couple of smaller ones
actually. Last year, though, a really big one came out--6"base, the
works.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++