Old 06-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Mike

Thanks for the reply....one question though...do grubs die during the
winter? in other words...if I try the Merit now to prevent new grubs,
will that basically cover my issue or is it a once they start you
can't stop em type deal? Also, do they hurt trees? I found some
last year in a burn we have out back with Leylands in it. (Ok..that
was more then one question..sorry).

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:38:34 -0400, "Peter H"
wrote:

Merit is a great product to prevent a grub infestation... unfortunately it
does not affect a mature grub. I my experience there has been nothing on the
market that is very effective against mature grubs when applied according to
the label, which I would never recommend exceeding. There is another way to
get rid of the mature ones though and you may have accidentally done it...
you starve 'em to death. Once they've taken all the roots there are to eat
they will have nothing left to feed on.