Old 05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Phil L

Richard Kerry wrote:
:: Hi Bob,
::
:: Many thanks for all the useful advice, now I have even more
:: questions I'm afraid! The pond we inherited is about 7 years old
:: so the "Koi" seem to have been ok in their existing environment,
:: longer term (end of 05) I'd like to dig the pond out so the advice
:: I need is to get the appropriate pump and filters that will work
:: today and also in the future.
::
:: Where do I get a CH pump from? Do I need a CH pump for heating and
:: an ordinary pump for the filters? Is a CH pump energy effecient as
:: I've seen some inexpensive (aka cheap) pumps running crazy
:: currents so NOT a good idea 24/7.

Heating?
Koi don't need warm water, they live in cold water.