Old 06-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Tony" wrote:

I did some further reading. Yours is actually not quite swiss chard..not
quite beet . It is something in between and I only see it available online.
The brightlights chard is a great one tho, very tasty and ornamental.

Only on line? :-)
Well, I bought the red swiss chard in 4" pots from "It's About Thyme"
last fall for my winter garden.

Here is a pic of my most recent harvest of it last week. It looks very
similar to the red chard one can purchase in the "Sun Harvest" produce
section in South Austin, only not quite as large. I'm sure I could let
it get bigger before harvesting, but drool might not be good for the
plants. lol

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslin...chie1small.jpg

Serena (aka "Moochie") seemed to think it was pretty interesting too...

I'm regretting only putting in6 of those now.
That bunch made 2 nice servings.

I DO love beet greens! Similar flavor, but the texture is not quite as
tender IMHO.
--
K.