Old 06-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Happy'Cam'per

I have a colleague here at work that uses the cemented bricks with bitumin
waterproofing method and it works perfectly. Keeping in mind here in Africa
we don't have extreme seasonal weather changes, so I'm not sure if extreme
temps will affect you. He keeps Koi BTW and they're all LARGE and looking
very healthy. IMHO I think its a great method for building a pond. Good
luck.
--
Kind Regards
Cameron

"GaryCampbell" wrote in message

Hi folks,

I am planning to build a circular pond and was wondering if anyone can
comment on preformed 'welded' butyl liner? A few companies say they can
do this and it sounds like it might be what I'm looking for. The
dimensions of the pond are radius 1500mm, depth 600 with a 200mm deep
shelf. One part will be slightly overhung by decking.

If I use a flat piece of liner there will be lots of folds so was
wondering if the preformed liners are any good? Are there and potential
problems?

An alternative I have been advised is to build the pond in concrete
with bituminous coating. Someone else then commented that certain fish
might not like the coating? I don't plan on havig Koi. Probably
goldfish, orfe and the odd tench or ghost carp.

Thanks in advance!

Gary.

--
GaryCampbell