Old 06-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Snooze

"retiredprof55" wrote in message
oups.com...
We are considering using recycled tire mulch in our walkways in our
organic garden. Although the companies claim that it is non-toxic, we
are still concerned about chemicals leaching into the soil. Has anyone
come across studies on this either pro or con? Thanks.

SB

One of the unique quirks of the american environmental legal regulations.
You can take a drum of toxic waste, prove that it has measurable levels of
nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium and put it in a container and call it
fertilizer or soil ammendment.

Ignore the websites that sell shredded tires, read this.

http://www.deq.state.va.us/waste/pdf/superfund/rhi.pdf

-S