Old 07-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Rosscoe

"GFRfan" wrote in message
news:kGl4e.699$g65.460@attbi_s52...
Chas Hurst wrote:
"GFRfan" wrote in message
news:8og4e.135768$r55.76913@attbi_s52...

Chas Hurst wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
news:1112590461.96368312edd53ef3cb8679aaee3c01 bc@teranews...

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 17:53:18 -0400, Chas Hurst wrote:

Contact your neighbors and petition your local g'ment. Your local

g'ment

made the laws restricting your use of fire arms without regard to
consequences. Hold your elected officials responsible. Make lotsa of
noise. As suggested by others get a dog.
A nearby friend erected an electric fence, at considerable expense in
money and labor, that works perfectly. Or use the plastic mesh that
discourages deer from nibbling on your shrubs.
Personnally, I am considering a dog as the most effective way to keep

deer

outa my yard.

In fear of sounding like some tree huggin' liberal, that's just crazy
talk. There are reasons that local goverments have discharge laws
inside
the city limits. High powered rifels can be very dangerous in the wrong

or

inexperienced hands. Almost all counties in the usa have discharge laws
also. No fired bullets can cross a road for instance. So have you taken
your own advice and repealed your city's hunting/discharge laws...?

I haven't advised to repeal any laws. Nor have I suggested the use of
firearms to control deer.
Please re-read my post or take a remedial course in reading

comprehension.

You actually sound more like a jerk than a tree hugger.

Then what did you mean by, "Contact your neighbors and petition your
local g'ment. Your local g'mentmade the laws restricting your use of
fire arms without regard to consequences. Hold your elected officials
responsible."?
What was he supposed to petition them to do?

Control the deer population. You're as thick as the other jerk.

Wow. Aren't you the touchy jackass. Your the one that stated that he
should petition local gov't because they are restricting use of firearms,
as he is inside of the city limits.
Of course the deer population should be controlled but that doesn't help
the guy who is inside the city limits.

The word is ARCHERY. When done properly from an elevated position, there is
no chance for a stray arrow to hit people. There are lots of bowhunters in
your neighborhood who would love to have the opportunity to hunt on your
property. Contact your local game warden for more details.

Rosscoe