Old 07-04-2005, 12:31 AM
Lynn Coffelt

Default Sunflower seedlings flopping over

rank amateur here,
Combing through old messages here, I see flopping over sunflowers is
nothing unusual (or anything to be proud of). Just to be clear, I'm trying
to start them inside for transplanting a little later (when the hard winds
and heavy rains ease up..... Northwest Washington State)
Seems avoiding too much water and fertilizer help with "leggy" growth
(growing like gangbusters) which cannot support themselves. Staking doesn't
seem like rewarding work, but is it sometimes necessary?
Lynn