Old 07-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Wendy in NCa

Hi Ann,
Sorry the link didn't work. Goto www.homedepot.com and type in a
search for 'whole house water filter' The price can vary from $39 to
$70 depending on where you buy it. Yes, it removed the
ammonia/chlorine mixture that was in our water. Before I used it, I
tested the water before it entered the filter and after. Just letting
the water age for a day or so doesn't work with chlorimine in the
water. Amazing to me that if we were to mix ammonia and chlorine
together it would cause a nasty gas and our water depts add that
mixture to the water?? San Jose had to add it because they were almost
at the legal limit of chlorine in the water and needed to add more, so
they switched to chlorimine...

Ann in Houston wrote:
No, Wendy, I didn't move, I just went through a ponding downturn for

bit where my new (at the time) pond was no fun to write about due to
several problems that I couldn't get under control. I went to the
address you gave me. I didn't see the filter, but I'll go try again.
I'll let you know if I can't find it. Do you think it woud work to
just remove ammonia? I don't have chlorrine.