Old 07-04-2005, 02:42 AM
RichToyBox

Have you measured the ammonia level in the pond before and after water
changes? The filter will remove the ammonia, in most cases. I use Amquel
after a spawn, but not for routine water changes of up to 50% with water
treated with chloromine. The chlorine part that most of us are treating for
is bad for the filter as well as the fish, and some don't bother to treat
when they do 10% changes, because of dilution.
--
RichToyBox

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
ups.com...

CanadianCowboy wrote:
Another option is just having big plastic of buckets filled with tap
water and letting it sit for a few days. This naturally eliminates

the
chlorine.

Cowboy,
Good idea, except that Chlorine isn't my problem. It's ammonia.
And, BV, treating my water manually consists of dumping 20.00 worth of
Amquel every time I top off my pond. There's gotta be a better way.
Since the sink filters have activated charcoal, I hoped that would
address the problem