Old 07-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Donald Gares

dedmeat wrote:

Donald Gares wrote:

In planting zone 5 do you really have to dig up the bulbs each fall,
store them, and then replant them the following spring?

I did a Google search and found the above info but I know that what
you read is nor always "carved in stone". In fact, it seems like
eveyone used to cover their rose bushes in the fall but now very few,
if any, individuals do in our area.

Don

Hardy gladiolus can be left in the ground.

I think we will give it a shot and just leave them in over the winter
and see what we get the following spring. Heck, at $1.97 for 30 we don't
have too much to lose. :-)

Don