Old 07-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Ann in Houston

Rich,
Well, I did measure the other day when I had to put in about seven
inches or so, when max gallons is 2200. That one did require addition
of the amquel. But, I didn't need to add more than a bottle. Checked
it later and it was ok.
Then, the other night, I was concerned about the UV because it is kinda
near the surface and it was threatening to be out of water by morning.
So, I had to add about four inches. That was two nights ago. I just
used fish behavior and fin redness or lack thereof to go by. I decided
to check it tonight for safety's sake and it was okay. I wonder if the
ammonia cotent rises and falls. It seems to me that if it was due to
fertilizer runoff from increased ag activity in the area, it would be
seasonal. I can't imagine how much fertilizer runoff it would take to
affect the whole water table for this area. What would be the correct
county office to ask about that? Of course, that might be pretty
risky, to get the county's attention. It can be a double edged sword.
anyway, I will be checking out the link to the filter by HD and the one
Kathy sent. Thanks,
Ann