Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Kline

"Rosscoe" wrote

The actual hunting season runs from September (early season) through the
first Saturday in January. Having said that, you can get damage permits
from the game warden to kill deer on your property all year long. This is
how it works in Virginia and I imagine that most states have similar
laws....I know that Ohio does as well.
Rosscoe

Our (Ohio) kill permit is only good for 5 deer, then you must have the
warden back out to assess any further damage b/4 another kill permit is
issued. We got a permit last year, and I think someone told the deer, no
rubs on trees or damage to the vegetation after the permit was issued.