Old 08-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"mansfieldman" wrote:

I have recently moved to the Victorian High Country from Qld. The Trees are
very different from what I have know in the past. How can I identify the
different types of Eucalypts and natives around me.

I recall from High school the process of identifying species using a process
of looking at leaves, flowers, bark ect. Where can I get one of these book
keys from.

YOu could also try your local council, and the local branch of the Australian
Plants Society. The APS groups often run bushwalks in their area to
identify/discuss the local flora.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.