Old 08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Cereus-validus.....

The energy the plant stores this year is from this year's photosynthesis
from the leaves. It is not reabsorbed from the leaves. So, you should leave
the foliage on the plants and plant them in the soil as is right now. Be
sure to water them and fertilize them with a good bulb fertilizer. They may
or may not bloom next year.

"Snooze" wrote in message
om...

"PatK" wrote in message
Hi all,

I got a pot full of the tiny daffodils and a pot of hyacinths that a
neighbor gave me. The flowers have dried up pretty badly. Do I cut the
greenery off of them and plant them outside now or should I wait until
fall? I didn't know if I should treat them like you outside bulbs and
wait until the green died back and cut it off and plant in the fall or
if I could plant them now. Any suggestions?

Pat

You wait until most of the greenry has died, as the bulb reabsorbs the
energy and stores it for next year. Having said that, often bulbs don't
bloom the 2nd and 3rd year. You just get green shoots.

-S