Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Hemmaholic

As long as the foliage is green it is photosynthesizing and making food
for the bulbs. However, as they begin to turn yellow and die back,
moisture and nutrients remaining in the foliage is absorbed by the
bulb.

The small growing daffodils are very fast to increase so when you do
plant them out (4 to 5 inches deep) allow space for increase between
the bulbs. The larger bulbs may very well bloom next spring, their
second year will give a nice display and by the third year they will
begin to make rather bold statements in the Spring flower beds. These
are perfect for front of the border, in rockeries and under shrubs.

I have had to life and divide the ones I have about every 4 to 5 year
to keep them from crowding out other plants and to keep them blooming
heavily.

Hemma