Old 08-04-2005, 09:28 AM

In article , lynn lynn.1n4wvz@gardenban
ter.co.uk writes

hello, I am a newbie, both on this site and to gardening. I have a
long, narrow, northish facing garden in Kent, which is completly
shadowed down one side by 2 neighbours leylandii trees. This means
that I do not get any sunlight until late afternoon in the summer and
not at all in the winter. My neighbours refuse to cut them, and
although a new law comes in this year, I understand that access to
light is not a good enough reason to have them cut back. The trees
also mean that anything I have tried to plant near them either dies or
does badly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can plant
that will thrive in their shade ? any help very much appreciated.
thanks

--

looking at the other replies... If you damage the trees (other than
pruning your side) you can be liable, this applies to mechanical or

--
David