Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kay writes:

| grin that was my first thought, but I thought 'No, Nick'll know that!'
| ;-)

I have my fair share of human failings :-)

| By flowering dogwoods, do you mean all the ones with big white bracts?

Yes. Some gardening books refer to them as the flowering dogwoods,
to distinguish them from C. alba, mas etc. - which is botanical
nonsense, but so are many other terms.

| How similar is it to Cornus alba, for example? (I'm not particularly
| overwhelmed by dogwoods so haven't inspected mine minutely)

I don't know, because I am not a great fan, either, and don't grow
them or inspect them in detail when passing through gardens.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.