Old 09-04-2005, 01:19 AM
David J Bockman

And something of the reverse is also true-- too warm and too much sun makes
them take off too quickly as well.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

"Timothy" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:31:07 -0700, Lynn Coffelt wrote:

rank amateur here,
Combing through old messages here, I see flopping over sunflowers

is
nothing unusual (or anything to be proud of). Just to be clear, I'm

trying
to start them inside for transplanting a little later (when the hard

winds
and heavy rains ease up..... Northwest Washington State)
Seems avoiding too much water and fertilizer help with "leggy"

growth
(growing like gangbusters) which cannot support themselves. Staking
doesn't seem like rewarding work, but is it sometimes necessary? Lynn

You may not have enough light and they are getting leggy. I tend to start
the sunflowers right now and place them out around the first week of may
or I direct sow them mid april.

--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com