Old 08-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Ben Tuinman

Default fertilizing help needed

I have a rose called "Thompson", one of the so called "Explorer" series. It
is supposed to be very hardy, good for the climate conditions in Zone 5
where we live. It did well last season, its first season, and it had several
blooms. I decided that it would benefit of a move to a more sunny location,
and moved it last fall. I noticed that it starts to bud now, and happy that
it appears to have survived the extremely strong winter we had this last
winter. More to the point now : I would like to fertilize it, and wonder if
anyone can give me some ideas as to what kind of fertilizer (numbers) to
use, how often, and any other suggestions to promote healthy growth in this
beautiful rose. Thanks ! Ben