Old 09-04-2005, 02:32 AM
~Roy~

I dye mine to reduce the sunlight so it reduces my algae growth. It
works fine for reducing algae growth. I personally do not like the
color it gives as its too fake looking, but its usually better than
the normal natural pond color in this area which is either gray,
redish/brown depending on the type dirt the pond is constructed out of
or green from algae blooms.

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:08:46 +0100, "Oxymel of Squill"
wrote:

===lost me, why does anyone dye their pond?
===
===colour has a u in england too :-), as has favourite
===wish someone would tell microsoft
===
===
===
===
==="CanadianCowboy" wrote in message
=== Hello,
===
=== sorry for another "dumb" e-mail but I just read that some people put blue
=== food colour in the pond as a replacement for the "official" pond dye. Is
=== this safe ? For a small pond like mine it is certainly cheaper than
=== buying a massive bottle . I hear that a capful is good
=== enough for 500 gallons.
===
=== ps- colour is spelled C-O-L-O-U-R in Canada
===