Old 10-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Ulrike Bauer

Default [IBC] Digging a big juniper

Dear all,

hi, I'm back from lurk mode for a short question. I have been able to collect a large juniper that would otherwise have been cut to the ground. I know that it's not an ideal time for this (mid-spring, but actually quite cold for the time). I tried to get as much fine root as possible, but it was not really a lot. It sits now in fast-draining soil with sphagnum moss in total shade in my garden.
I have not experience with junipers whatsoever. Do I cut the foliage way back, or isn't that necessary?
Thanks for your help

Ulrike Bauer
South Germany, zone 7b

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++