Old 10-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Frankie V. Fernandez, MD

Default asparagus bamboo? - Some photos here

"Frankie V. Fernandez, MD" wrote in message
I got a plant from the local nursery today. The stems, culms and leaves are
bamboo in configuration, except that they are smaller. The plant is also
vining, with a habitus much like an asparagus. Does anybody have an idea
what plant this might be? I tried google searches for "asparagus bamboo"
but all results(!) return 33 pages of vegetable websites' indexes
".....asparagus, bamboo....."

Thanks in advance!

Frankie

You may view some pics here. Sorry if they are a bit dim.

http://community.webshots.com/album/318706379YOlptF

I don't think it's a bamboo species. Unfortunately, I bought it at a
roadside nursery and the seller doesn't have an idea either.

Frankie