Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Bob Hobden

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote

there have been various threads about overwintering peppers, and the
unspectacular yield the next year.

At the end of last season I bunged my peppers (in pots) in the sun lounge
and neglected them.

One pot (with three plants) has brown leaves but green stems.

The other pot (with one plant) still has leaves on.

It also still has one pepper on - still over-ripe and bright red.
This has lasted all winter in this state.
I expected it to rot and drop off - the others eventually did.
However it is still there.

They are now out on the patio (just in time for the last snow) but still
seem much the same.
I will report on second year growth.

Please do Dave, I tried it some years ago and decided it wasn't worth the
greenhouse space over winter.
Ended up with sad weak plants that never really did much, much like you by
the sound of it. :-)

--
Regards
Bob