Old 11-04-2005, 02:50 AM
ceed

Default Wooden tomato stakes.

Hi,

I used to buy simple 5 (or 6?) feet long 1x1 inch wooden tomato stakes at
places like Home Depot and even Wal-Mart. They came in bundles of 9 as far
as I remember. This year they look at me as if I am asking for something
totally out of the ordinary when I enquire about them. They now stock all
kinds of fancy plastic stakes and metal cages, but the good 'ol wooden
stakes are nowhere to be found. At least I do not know where to find them
now. I live in Round Rock north of Austin and was wondering if anyone know
where I may be able to get hold of the ancient wooden tomato stakes.
Please do not try to convince me some of these new staking methods are
better, I am sure they are, but I need the old wooden ones for some
special tomato growing containers I have been using for years.

Anyone?

--
//ceed