Old 11-04-2005, 03:22 AM
~Roy~

Put some gravel in it.....contrary to what has been common belief that
rocks and gravel make a heaven for nasties, it has been brought to
light that gravel etc and typical accumulation of muck on the bottom
is not as bad as you have always heard it was.......I am not gonna get
into the entire thread that was posted on this topic, in conjunction
with some tests run (legitimate lab tests) but if your interested it
can be found on koiphen.com. Sheds a whole nother light on all the
brands of pond enzymes to kick start bacteria and gravel / rocks on
the bottom.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:52:08 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

===My pond is doing good but the black colored bottom of the preform I have
===is to plain looking. Is there anything I can get to lay on the bottom?
===Like maybe a fake picture of gravel or pond stone? Maybe something that
===can handle being in water all year. I had real gravel and no way will I
===do that again. I dont want real stone either. Just some easy to clean
===item. I know most say its good bacteria ect, but Im not going that
===route. Any one have any ideas here? I have some green plants but my
===turtle loves them and eats them, I wont give up my turtle. LOL.. Thank
===you.