Old 11-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Jeanne Stockdale

Default Vine Weevil

We have just discovered what we think are vine weevil grubs in our
strawberry plants(in glasshouse). Have identified a nematode which should
get rid of them, but how have they got there in the first place?

Most of the plants are in growbags - and some of these are infected. We also
have one section which is compost (bought in in bags) which seems to be
badly infected and where we have lost about 90% of our plants. We rent out
part of our glasshouse to a plantsman - his plants come in from various
places - UK/Holland/Italy.

As well as wondering how they got there, how can we be sure they won't come
back!!!

Jeanne