Old 11-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Katra

In article , hayduke
wrote:

Katra wrote:

To hand-pollinate would you use a little paint brush or ???

I use either a paint brush, or I just break off a stamen and brush the
pistils with the furry side that has the pollen. :-)
--
K.

I'll give it a try. I've got two plants that are busting with blossoms now,
I'm going to build a trelless sp? to give them more to grow onto. )

Thanks
Whit

Hope it works for ya!
Mine is finally beginning to burst with blooms as well, so I'm
increasing my efforts. :-)

I should know in another week or two if my hand efforts are working or
not! I have two vines so I'm trying to cross-pollinate from flower to
flower rather than using the pollen from each flower to pollinate itself
as that does not always work well.

Mine are all over the roof of greenhouse #1 (which is good as i wanted
that one shaded!) so some blooms are hard to reach.

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada