Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Susan wrote:
lobelia dry out really quickly in hanging baskets. I usually use
cascading lobelia around the outsides of the basket, but I agree that
they do dry out quickly and don't really recover afterwards. What
else could I use, instead of lobelia, that will cover and hide the
sides of the basket?

Many thanks.

What about trailing petunias? Tumbelina are my favourites - double blooms
and a heavenly scent. Or, if you fancy something more unusual how about
Scaevola Zig Zag? Bought some for the first time last year and they were
fantastic - half daisy-like blooks that range from white with a purple
stripe, to the deepest amethyst depending on the light. Bought mine from
Dobies last year - £7.95 for 5 pot ready plants. Unfortunately, you're a
fortnight too late to order for this year.... ( But, er, they're some
ideas for next year... ;o)