Old 11-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Kay

In article , Howard
writes
I have been thro' the FAQ but to no avail. I found a creature
that I have never seen before.

I so wish I could post a pic, but I'm not equiped for that.

It's is slug like, worm like, leech like. A dark olive green
colour, maybe 2/3" long difficult to measure when it's curled.

If it's leech like, what makes you think it isn't a leech?
Do you mean 'two-thirds of an inch' of 'two to three inches'?
Is it segmented? - ie, can you see very faint lines going round it?
Does it have any other sort of colouring or patterning if you look at it
very closely?

One end is worm like the other is fatter and flatter, blade like
at times, clearly variable.

Do as Phil suggests - advance your finger towards the blade-like end and
see if it tries to attach itself. It won't do you any harm - our leeches
(with the exception of the medicinal leech which is incredibly rare) are
designed to feed on much softer stuff than human fingers.

I have it in a jar!

--
Kay