Old 11-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Jim Carlock

"Lynn Coffelt" wrote:
Thanks for that last picture, I sort of see additional buds close to
the main bud. The neighbor's multi headed sunflowers had buds
appearing along the main stem, completely separate from each
other. Unfortunately, no pictures at all.

Yeah, the extra buds seem to be growing on little stems branching off the
main stem. I'm thinking that as it grows another two feet, the extra buds
will start to appear lower on the main stem.

Here's the information off of the packet of seeds...

Walmart Gardens (97 cents).
Sunflower, Evening Sun, Unusual Colors
Package Number: 4706
Inked Stamp: "2004 Lot I1, Org-Holland".
Days to Germination: 7-21
Days to bloom: 80 - 90
Plant Height: 6 feet (it's a little over 4 feet now).
Plant Spacing: 18-24 inches
sunflower. Petals have a velvety feel. Spectacular blooms about 8 inches in
diameter. Easy to grow.

This info is also posted in the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. It sticks
around a little longer in this group and is easier to find in the future.

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.