Old 12-04-2005, 12:44 AM

I think I jumped the gun too! With the warmer temps here in Chicago, I
couldn't wait to get a red eared slider to put in my pond. Water temp
was about 61 degrees. My new turtle buried itself in the bottom of the
pond and I haven't seen him since. Is this normal?

Ken

Sue777 wrote:
Thanks, Kathy..... I'm glad to hear they can go in and out of
hibernation..... I was afraid once they came "out", it might be

harmful
to go back in and out again so soon. I'm not as much worried about

the
spoiled box turtle with the heating pad.... I'll go bury him deep

under
the compost and leaves.... he's so lazy he lets me do that for him,

and
he stays put til the next morning. It's the poor guys in the water

I'm
nervous about.... I had shoveled a bunch of dirt into the deep part

of
their pond for winter hibernation, and cleaned it all out yesterday.

want SPRING!!!