Old 12-04-2005, 01:20 AM
RichToyBox

Wait for the water temperature to get to 50F or 10C consistently before
starting any food. Cheerios, orange quarters, or grapefruit will get them
some energy and the citrus will add vitamin C as they start coming around.
Use a wheat germ food, in small quantities until the filter catches up, and
then add more food. To know the filter is up and running, watch the ammonia
and nitrites, and as you feed, they will rise, and then as they fall, you
can increase the food.
--
RichToyBox

"Scott Murchison" wrote in message
Hi,

Now that my pond is finally thawed, I am wondering when I start to feed my
fish and what to feed them. I only lost one 8 inch Koi over the winter and
still have about 15 fish. I live just west of Ottawa, Ontario.

Scott

p.s. My idea for an insulated, heated housing for my air pump worked
perfectly. I'll post pictures in a Yahoo photo site if anyone is
interested
in how I constructed it.