Old 12-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Ray

Alison,

If you're lucky, that delight at seeing your plants bloom will never go
away. I've been at this over 30 years and I still get a thrill.

I would guess that your plant will likely display more blossoms as it
matures, but culture can play a significant role in that, as does genetics.
Blooming is an energy-consuming activity, so the stronger the plant, the
better the show it can put on.

Can you remind us of the cross?

Oh yeah... Please post pictures over at a.b.p.o

"Alison" wrote in message
om...
It bloooooomed
I'm happy to report the indecisive Pot/Blc I inquired about at the
beginning of March, has opened one huge 5-inch gorgeous dark pink
flower with a little yellow striping in the throat. Some of you
veteran orchid growers may remember your delight with your first
plants' first flowers... I have been waiting 5 years for this one, and
this is funny -- it opened on the anniversary of the day I got it.
Do they usually make just one flower? Early on there was a bit of a
stub that looked like it might branch, but that dried up. Is this
again a case of it being a young plant? How long do the flowers last?
(My orchid books don't say.)
Of course I shot a bunch of pictures of it right away, & will probably
take more.
Thanks to those whose answers to my questions in March helped me be
patient...

Alison