Old 12-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Pete-Paphraguy

Eric, I have posted pics and still post comments on the two newgroups for
many years and obviously you have missed them because you never commented on
any of my pics.

Thanks for the reply and have a great day!

Pete
"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Pete,

I am sure the orchid community appreciates the work you are putting into
your site, but the methods you are using to publicize it aren't very
effective.

In today's media and advertising saturated world, a lot of people (like
myself) completely tune out any "come over here!" messages unless the
participant is also regularly contributing to the community they are
posting the notices in.

A better way to advertise is to post photos in the photos group, answer
questions in the discussion group, post interesting tidbits of info in
each, and just put your Slipper Orchid Forum in your signature. If you add
a lot of content to your site, periodic updates giving a short blurb about
what you have added go a lot farther in driving traffic than the rather
generic messages you seem to post.

Enthusiasm is great, but it can often come across as sheer self-promotion,
which then makes people suspicious of your motives.

Good luck.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Paphraguy" wrote in message

Some of you have emailed and asked me about my Slipper Orchid Forum, so
here is the link again:

http://www.rainbowcomputers.net/forum

When you register please use a valid email account and if you have spam
blocker on, please turn it off, you can always turn it back on once you
receive the activation email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Pete
The Slipper Orchid Forum