Old 12-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Phisherman

On 11 Apr 2005 21:45:41 -0700, "Daniel_B" wrote:

Hello, My plant usually blooms right around Christmas time. Last Xmas
it didn't bloom at all. Now in April it is quite a few blossoms
starting to grow. I don't get it. The plant is in the same place it has
been for years. Gets the same amount of light and darkness. I hasn't
needed to be re-potted either. Just curious as why it might do this?
Dan.

One of my zygocactus has bloomed three times(!) this past winter.
They spent the last summer on the deck where they got morning sun and
I used fish emulsion. I suspect your cactus got a good dose of bright
light at some point that messed up the flowering mechanism.