Old 12-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Sacha

On 12/4/05 12:36 pm, in article , "Cumberpach"
wrote:

"gillylal" wrote in message

This is a longish-term project: I'd like to hedge part of a field as a
hen-run, which means the hedge needs to be dense from the ground up and 6
feet tall. I thought of privet, because I believe it's quite
fast-growing, but it would be nice to have a mixture. Suggestions
gratefully received.

My brother built a willow 'fedge' dunno whether willow is poisonous.Quick
google shows as follows. Not cheap cheep.
http://www.simplywillow.co.uk/willow4/page3.html

Pete

We did this round a duck pond with chicken wire inside. It's very pretty
and we love it and so do visitors to the garden. However, I think the
withies have to be ordered between November and April, so times passing
fast!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk