Old 12-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Kay

In article , Mike Lyle mike_lyle_uk@REM
OVETHISyahoo.co.uk writes
Emrys Davies wrote:
[...]
The Royal Horticultural Society A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants
http://tinyurl.com/6jnye
gives details of over 15,000 Plants and 6,000 Photographs and is a
must for the enthusiastic gardener.

You may find a good offer on this wonderful book or give a hint or

two
near to your birthday.

Am I the only one who finds this book rather disappointing? I like
the way the pictures are presented, according to colour and time of
year;

You've got your books mixed up, haven't you? That's the RHS
Encyclopaedia of Plants and Flowers. The RHS A-Z does what it says on
the tin - the plants and pictures are in alphabetical order.

but there should be twice as many pictures if it's to be a real
designer's companion. Details are sketchy, as well. I know it would
then cost a heck of a lot more, but it does call itself an
"encyclopedia", which it just isn't.

--
Kay