Old 12-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Al

I knew I shouldn't have said anything. In a public forum self-censorship
.....and the ability use mental filters to block out what we don't like....
is what keeps the peace. When I accidentally came across what felt to me to
be a petty and sarcastic remark about the petty and sarcastic remarks in
this forum, it was up to me alone to hold my tongue. Obviously I failed.
It looks to me, from your responses in this thread, that you are very good
at overlooking the rudeness of others. I am glad I will have you in that
other form to help me out when I can not do it alone. ;-)

I like this forum. It is a good forum. I have bizarre illogical protective
feelings for it, especially considering it is a public forum and often
becomes sewer-like when points of view clash. I like yours too. I
especially like the ability to go back to a post and correct mistakes. That
'edit' feature is worth gold.

Fortunately, I am pretty sure I am the only one here who feels protective
enough of this forum to say anything if I felt, for some reason I could not
quite put my hands on, that it was being slighted, even accidentally or
unintentionally, in some way. Even though I appear to be speaking to you
alone, I might actually have a different audience in mind. I am pretty sure
you did not mean to slight this forum by publicizing you own. I mean, isn't
that what this forum is for? And as you point out, this is a public forum
and there is nobody to stop you if they felt that you were somehow slighting
their love child by regularly publicizing your own, in "their" perfectly
good orchid forum? If it were up to me, I would say post a link to it
everyday. I suppose some would say it is good that it is NOT up to me.
This is why I would never have a forum of my own. I couldn't take the
pressure.

Never the less at this time, I am sorry if my protective feelings here were
aroused beyond my ability to stifle myself. I will try to do better in the
future, but I will probably fail. I almost always do.

Al, "Tin Member"
http://www.rainbowcomputers.net/forum

"Pete-Paphraguy" wrote in message
Al,

Unlike the newsgroups, the forum is not a public forum and any sarcastic
or rude remarks will not be tolerated. Thanks for joining! Your advice
has been most helpful on the forum.

Pete
THE SLIPPER ORCHID FORUM

"Al" wrote in message
Give it time. There will be sarcastic remarks in the other forum we both
use too. It would be hard, for me anyway, to save them for this one
only.

"Heather" wrote in message

Personally, I find the Slipper Orchid Forum to be the most useful to me,
since it focuses primarily on what I grow and I don't have to wade
through a lot of information that is of no use to me. Or deal with all
the petty sarcastic remarks that seem to often be rampant at other
forums.

--
Heather