Old 13-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Doug Kanter

1) Don't worry TOO much. Keep the covers off, and set up a fan to keep the
air moving.

2) You said "over fertilizing". Don't fertilize pots/trays of soil which
have nothing growing in them. I know some potting soil contains slow-release
plant food. That's something you can't control, unless you buy different
soil. But, do NOT add any fertilizer of your own until you see the first one
or two sets of true leaves. They arrive after the "seed leaves".

When fertilizing tiny things, use liquid fertilizer, MIXED MUCH WEAKER than
the instructions suggest. Since it's often difficult to water tiny things
from the top, set the pots in the water, but be attentive. Come back in a
half hour and take the pots OUT of the water so they can drain.

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Possibly because of over watering and over fertilizing, my newly planted
seedlings now in peat pots
are showing signs of green growth at the soil top level. Is this
something
that can effect the young plants, and if so, what is the best way to get
rid of it? They
are still in trays under fluorescent lamps, and I just removed the plastic
covers.