Old 13-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Mike

Hey Mike, I used to live in RAF Coningsby with the Lancaster, used to
fly over the top of my house every morning at 8am, god those engines
were a beautiful sound!! never mind the windows, I was shook outta bed
lol

The first time I saw the complete Historic Flight do a display was at a
Chatham Navy Days where I had a Stand. I videoed the complete display,
including the Lancaster at low level with the Bomb Bay Doors open. When I
played it back at home, yes the windows rattled!!

Brings the hairs on the back of my neck stand up because I remember them
flying over going out on Bombing Raids during the War :-(( Like hearing the
Air Raid sirens and the Doodle Bugs at the Eden Camp in Yorkshire
:-(( A place to visit

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past