Old 13-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Susan Erickson

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:58:13 -0700, tbell
wrote:

I have several oncids in my small GH, where the temps range from 50? Winter
nights to 90? Summer days, the humidity is set at 70%, and they are fed 100
PPM MSU every week to 2 weeks, depending on the season. Most have been
re-potted within the past year.

They're not doing too badly, and a few have bloomed, but most have yellowing
outer leaves and even PBs.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP5700, D70

Tom, is the yellowing section of the plant still supported by
roots? Are these back bulbs? It sounds like a touch too much
light for the food/water mix. You can push the light and get
quite yellow/green leaves on lots of things. Also if this is the
first season in these conditions could they still be adjusting to
your place?

I sold Brassia's at one society meeting. I was doing well until
the under lights girls set up next to me selling Brassia
seedlings. Theirs were quite a rich green, mine were lime green
and the difference gave the effect that mine were sick. Actually
they were bigger and more robust.
SuE