Old 13-04-2005, 08:05 PM
MM

Default Can someone diagnose my plant problem please?

Please see http://www.visual.basic.freeuk.com/

In early February thirty plants (cupressus macrocarpa "Gold Crest")
were bought (in pots) and planted the same day. The majority were
planted in the front garden (see Front Garden Views on the web page).
A few plants were left over and were planted in the back garden.
Compost was added when placing the root ball in the ground in each
case.

As you can see, the plants in the back garden are vivid green, healthy
and thriving. They are, however, considerably shielded from the wind.

The plants in the front garden, however, are showing problems,
especially the one on the end, which is almost completely dead. The
others have brown areas on the branches that haven’t fallen off yet,
and the general impression is that they are all to a greater or lesser
extent rather sickly. These plants are open to the very severe winds
(strong as well as cold) that we have had to endure in the Fens since
Christmas.

What could be the problem and what can I do to improve the ones in the
front garden?

Thanks.

MM