Old 13-04-2005, 08:07 PM
tom

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:02:56 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:
Ok Phil thanks I'll order a couple and give them a go. Thanks for your
help.
tom wrote:
:: On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:14:31 GMT, "Phil L"
:: wrote:
::
::: tom wrote:
::::: Hi,
::::: I'm desperate for 2 "black bamboo" plants to put in two old half
::::: wooden barrels.
::
::: Can't find the swap site, or at least one that is any good,
::: they're all rubbish!
::: I did find some for sale though and yes, most were expensive, but
::: I've found what I think is a good deal, £10 each or two for £15
::: with free delivery and they are gauranteed for a year:
:::
:::
http://www.guardianoffers.co.uk/mall...NMW63963/21819
::
:: Phil,
:: Thanks for that. This might be a silly question as I don't know a
:: great deal about black bamboo, but if I am trying to fill 2 old
:: wooden barrels and there in 9cm pots (they must be very small)
:: surely I'll need 10 per barrel, which will be £150
::
My mistake, I thought you wanted to actually grow them yourself rather than
buy fully established plants...I can't imagine they will be very tall if
they come in 9cm pots, but I've heard they reach their full height of 4m
within a fairly short period of time.

Personally, I don't fancy your chances of getting fully established bamboo
of this size for sale anywhere.