Old 13-04-2005, 09:16 PM
dps

The rubber (plastic) liners can be glued together to form the complex
shapes required in ponds. Much safer than lead, particularly where the
water may be on the acid side.

Doug Kanter wrote:
I don't know if the dangers of lead were known in the 1940s, but who cares?
Why bother with it?

Go find your yellow pages phone book, check under garden centers, and find a
place that sells rubber pond liner. I say "rubber", but it may, in fact, be
a combination of other things. Whatever. It's a black material about as
thick as shoe leather, sold from a roll in the store. Much tougher than
leather, but easy to work with. My ex-wife's pond has been in place for 10
years, with no leaks, and the liner takes a beating. If you need a product
that's wider than what's sold from a roll, do a web search for flexible pond
liner. You'll find the right thing.