Old 13-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Doug Kanter

wrote in message
news:e7f7e.482$yO2.146@lakeread07...
Doug Kanter wrote:
1) Don't worry TOO much. Keep the covers off, and set up a fan to keep
the air moving.

You really need that fan too. The same thing happened to me with my first
seedlings. I didn't know what to do and had no one to ask. It was a very
long night scraping of the green from about eight flats. They turned out
all right in the end.

You see some in the nurseries with some green too. Especially when they've
been sitting there a while. Why can't I think of the name of it?

Jean Anne
Zone 5 OH

There's "damping off" disease, but if I recall, that's a fungus, not visible
like the green stuff. However, the dead plants are visible. :-)