Old 14-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Looks like we have an unwelcome guest.. it looks like a foot or so long
northern water snake.

Anyone have any ideas how to remove him?

$ If you remove it more will come. Where there is water and food for snakes
you will have snakes.

We have goldfish, frogs, tadpoles, and newts, and we'd really rather he
didn't eat any or all of them (and since they get to be up to 4 foot long,
he's just gonna hvae to go.)
I *really* hate snakes, and need some ideas on removal...
Am I going to have to half drain the pond (or fully drain it?)

$ I can assure you the snake will be be long gone before the pond is 1/2
empty - but it will be back. Before we netted our ponds we had several
snakes feeding in each one. We were spending a small fortune replacing our
fish that last pre-net summer.

Needless to say, with all the other life in there, I'd hate to do that,

but
I cannot stand snakes, and the wife wants him gone.

$ It wouldn't make any difference as it will come back. If you kill or
relocate it, another will quickly take it's place. About the only thing
that will keep snakes out is a bird net over the pond.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...