Old 13-04-2005, 10:05 PM
[H]omer

MM wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:29:01 +0100, Kay
wrote:

I had a similar problem getting an Araucaria established - I put a wind
break around it for the first two winters.

Good idea, Kay, but when I say 'severe wind', I mean gale force
sometimes. It has been blowing so stongly on some occasions that
anything loose in the garden just blows away. Wheelbarrows get
upturned, watering cans - metal ones - blown about. I wonder what kind
of windbreak would last more than a week before it was flattened.

I hear you.

Sounds just like Cruden Bay; fully developed trees get uprooted every
other week here (though thankfully none of mine ... yet). As fast as I
build windbreaks, they are blown down. It's so depressing.

-
[H]omer