Old 14-04-2005, 03:33 AM

Default [IBC] Mugo Pine

I have one of those miniature mugo pines, 'Slowmound.' I just repotted it, &
hope I don't kill this one. It is 8 inches tall in a 5.5 inch pot. I am
planning on having it grow another story on top this year. It looks good except for
one thing. There are several branches near the top & several more near the
bottom. There is a gap in the middle 3-4 inches without branches. (There was one,
but it died over the winter.) If I prune judiciously, ala Dan Barton, is
there any hope it will bud back on the trunk? Otherwise, what are my chances of
successfully grafting a branch on if I buy another baby 'Slowmound?'

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++